If your home’s exterior has lost some luster, you can recover it with these breathtaking ideas. Remodeling the outside of your home may be less complicated than you think. In fact, implementing the right idea off this list can provide stellar results.
These pictures of exterior designs from a major home design website can provide the genesis for inspiration. Below are five ideas ranging in complexity – but they will give your home’s exterior an updated and beautiful look.
5 Breathtaking Ideas for Remodeling the Outside of Your Home:
1. Alter the Appearance with Fiber Cement Siding – Fiber cement siding provides an elegant look with a durable finish. It can outlast other types of siding by resisting common weather hazards, including wind, rain, or even fire.
2. Update the Driveway – Your driveway is one of the first details that someone will notice about your house. If it’s aging with cracked cement or asphalt, it can detract from the look of your home. There are more decorative options for a driveway. For instance, stamped concrete or brick can provide a beautiful, illustrious look.
3. Consider the Landscaping – If the plants and flowers in your front yard have seen better days, it might be time to plant something new. One idea that might help: Plan and plant your flower beds so that there is color and life for three seasons out of the year. You may also want to explore the benefits that come with native plants.
You can improve the landscaping by adding a front-yard water feature as well. Maybe a koi pond or bubbling pool can add some new life to the look of your yard. A walkway through the existing landscaping could allow you to soak in the nature around your yard. The landscaping possibilities are endless when it comes to remodeling the outside of your home.
4. Install a New Roof – If the age of your roof is detracting from the look of your home, it may be time to update it. A new roof can boost that curb appeal, while providing energy savings, and a host of other benefits. You can also work with a trusted roofing contractor to obtain some of these benefits while finding a new look for your home.
5. Personalize the Porch – Front porches can be large enough to stretch the front of the home or small enough to include a few seats. But consider updating the furniture, flowers, and other accent items on the porch to give it a new life. If you do this right, you may find yourself wanting to spend more time out there. Here are some more ideas on how to create an eye-catching entryway.
Remodeling the outside of your home doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive. You don’t have to implement a ton of solutions at once. Find the steps that are right for you, and experiment with the looks they create. If you’re looking to update your home’s roof or siding, contact us today for more ideas!